MK Dons Sport and Education Trust welcomed its Friends of the Trust members to Stadium MK on Tuesday evening - an event sponsored by SET Principal Partner, Brioche Pasquier - to talk, discuss, and listen about the impact that MK Dons SET has had in the community over the past year.
Ahead of MK Dons’ Sky Bet League One fixture against Shrewsbury Town, Friends of the Trust members were thanked for their support in the last 12 months - support which has allowed the SET to work within the local community through a variety of different means.
The event, introduced my MK Dons Business Development Manager Ed Arnold and sponsored by SET Principal Partner Brioche Pasquier, was also attended by MK Dons staff, directors and partners, including representatives from the SET - Kelly Day, Paul Stewart, James Gibb and Jon Dewick – who highlighted the impact that was made in the community in 2022, such as:
- Holiday camps delivered to over 1,000 young people across Milton Keynes.
- Boys Pathway saw 400-plus participants engage in activity per week, with eight teams representing MK Dons SET in weekly league fixtures
- Re-launch of the grassroots club coaching programme
- 350 Christmas hampers were distributed over the festive period, feeding over 1,000 people for a week.
- MK Dons SET acquired two new venues in Brooklands and Woughton to provide the opportunity for community groups within the city of Milton Keynes to host events, partake in sessions, further implementing MK Dons SET at the centre of the community.
- Fourteen graduates from SET’s Regional Talent Club programme across the Women’s First-Team and Under-23s squad.
- MK Dons Women reaching the Berks and Bucks FA County Cup Final.
- Young players in the RTC selected for international training camp
Martin Lloyd, Director at Suzuki GB, was also present and he discussed the importance of supporting the local community, both financially and personally.
Suzuki GB have been huge supporters of the Club for nine years as both Friend of the Trust and Title Partner of MK Dons.
MK Dons would like to thank Suzuki GB and all MK Dons SET Friends of the Trusts, who help to support the charity and allow the SET to make an impact within the communities around Milton Keynes.
Brioche Pasquier, Suzuki, Marshall, East Engineering, Yamaha, Aureum Finance, MK Family Law Group, Bridgman & Bridgman, Holophane, Woodfines Solicitors, Visual Identity, Climb Quest, Clearview Intelligence, First Class Athletics, MK Marathon