Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

Report: King's Lynn Town 1-3 MK Dons

Russell Martin's men kick-off pre-season with a win...

13 July 2021

Match Reports

Report: King's Lynn Town 1-3 MK Dons

Russell Martin's men kick-off pre-season with a win...

13 July 2021

Russell Martin's side made a winning start to pre-season as Summer signings Scott Twine and Max Watters both found the back of the net at The Walks.

A brace from Scott Twine set MK Dons on course for victory as the former Swindon Town man found the back of the net twice during the first 60-minutes.

King's Lynn rallied and found their way back into the game, however, Martin's side dominated the final half-an-hour before Watters put the game to bed.


Just two-minutes into the game MK Dons had their first chance of the game as Josh Martin created some space on the left. His effort was blocked before Scott Twine saw his effort saved by the keeper.

Seconds later, Jay Bird had his first shot of the evening, the keeper was once again equal to his effort.

The Dons dominance throughout the early stages was soon rewarded as they found a breakthrough via Scott Twine. Trialist B had his effort blocked, but the ball fell into the path of Twine who found the back of the net from inside the box. 0-1.

With 15-minutes gone, Josh Martin continued to impress, his right-footed effort curled narrowly wide of the far post. Shortly after, Bird received the ball with his back to goal, his strike was smothered well by the keeper.

Bird then teed up Trialist B, whose low strike kisses the far post on its way wide. The next Dons player to try his luck was Charlie Brown, his effort was met well by the King’s Lynn keeper.


The Dons continued their dominance on the ball but didn’t work a chance until 38-minutes when Twine won possession before driving towards goal. Having arrived at the edge of the box, Twine played in Brown, who saw his effort blocked.

Jack Davies then produced a well-timed to deny a cross into the box, before then clearing the corner.

Martin and Twine, who looked a real danger all evening, combined once more on the edge of the area. It was the latter who saw his effort dip narrowly over the bar.

The Dons then found the back of the net for a second time with 54-minutes gone after some good work from Trialist B. He was on the end of Lewington’s’ defence-splitting pass before staying on his feet despite a tackle from behind. His cross caused chaos inside the area, before Twine tapped in from a yard out. 0-2.

The final action of the second quarter came as Jack Davies headed over at the far post after a dangerous cross from King’s Lynn.


It was King’s Lynn who had the first effort on goal after the break, but new signing Aden Baldwin was on hand to block the effort. Having cleared the ball, King’s Lynn then fired over from outside the box.

The hosts found their way back into the game thanks to a stunning effort from Cameron King. Having regained possession for his side, he then found the top corner of Ravizzoli’s goal with his looping effort from distance. 1-2.

Martin’s side looked for an immediate reply as Matt O’Riley danced his way around the area, he dug out a clever pass for Harvie who saw his effort saved well.

Ethan Robson then picked out Max Watters in the area but he was denied at point-blank range by the King's Lynn goalkeeper. then Hiram Boateng tried his luck from 30-yards but his shot is charged down and cleared.


The first chance of the final quarter came after Aden Baldwin was fouled outside the area. Matt O'Riley delivered to the head of Baldwin who fired wide.

It was that man Baldwin who then sprinted back into position before executing a perfectly timed tackle to stop King's Lynn from advancing into the box.

Max Watters then sent in a fierce low cross which is well dealt with by the King's Lynn Town defence, but their clearance only found Brooklyn Ilunga on the wing. His cross found Harvie, his header hit the side netting.

Watters then got a deserved goal following some good play by Jules down the left. His cross made its way to Watters who, after seeing his cheeky back-heel blocked, slid home the rebound. 1-3.

Harvie then cut onto his right foot - he was unable to find the back of the net with his strike.

First 60-minutes Starting XI: Walker, Trialist A, Lewington, Trialist B, Collinge, Davies, Martin, Kasumu, Bird, Twine, Brown.

Goals: Twine (10, 54), Watters (105).

Second 60-minutes Starting XI: Ravizolli, Baldwin, Freeman, Robson, O’Riley, Watters, Jules, Boateng, Harvie, Ilunga, Collinge.

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account