Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Fixture News

Dons hold Premier League Fulham to draw

Dons draw in latest outing...

29 August 2020

Fixture News

Dons hold Premier League Fulham to draw

Dons draw in latest outing...

29 August 2020

MK Dons faced off against Premier League opposition for the second time this week on Saturday afternoon.

Russell Martin's side made the journey to Fulham to face the Play-Off Winners in their latest Behind Closed Doors practice match.

It was certainly a tough test for the Dons, with the hosts fielding first-team regulars Denis Odi, Michael Hector, Joel Bryan, Stefan Johansen, Anthony Knockaert and Bobby Decordova-Reid all starting the clash.

Despite Scott Parker's experienced XI, it was the Dons who had the first chance of the game, and it was one they took full advantage of.

Carlton Morris' cross was too heavy for the run of Joe Mason, however, attacking it at the back post was Callum Brittain. His header was saved by Marek Rodak, but Brittain was quick to react and turned home the rebound. 0-1.

Morris then looked to double the lead with a speculative individual effort from range. Rodak was on hand as he got down well to deny the striker.

Nicholls was called into action for the first time with 10-minutes of the game gone, he bravely saved at the feet of Neeskens Kebano.

Shortly after, Byran saw a well-hit volley saved by the Dons keeper.

Fulham then saw a flurry of corners go close, with Bryan having one turned onto the crossbar by Nicholls.

Maxime Le Marchand then freed Sylvester Jasper, he cut back to Knockaert, but the winger saw his strike saved.

Brittain then looked to turn provider, having played a clever one-two down the right with Morris, Brittain picked out the run of Mason inside the box. Although he had lost his defender, Rodak saved at his near post.

The final chance of the half fell the way of Fulham as De Cordova-Reid fired over from Bryan's cross.

Nicholls was called into action in the early staged of the second half, he denied Fabio Carvalho's driven strike from just outside the box minutes after the break.

Having replaced Mason at the break, Nombe had his first effort on goal with 50-minutes gone, he was found by Ben Gladwin's weighted crossfield ball, but Bettinelli done well to turn behind for a corner.

Lewington almost grabbed an assist after another impressive performance in the heart of the defence. After patient buildup play, Lewington found the run of Sorinola, the former Fulham man, however, saw his header blocked.

Abou Kamara almost drew Fulham level, his effort hit the side netting after some good work from Ivan Cavaleiro.

It was that combination that once again saw Parker's side test Nicholls. After he turned behind from Cavalerio, Fulham would take the lead from the corner. Despite Jack Davies' header clear, Kamara was on hand to hammer home to level the scoring. 1-1.

Cavalerio was involved once more, his clever flick found the path of Tom Cairney, who curled home from the edge of the box to give Fulham to lead with 5 minutes left to play. 2-1.

Fulham's lead, however, lasted just two-minutes, as Regan Poole volleyed home after being found by John Freeman's pass. 2-2.

Starting XI: Nicholls, Brittain, O'Hora, Lewington, Cargill, Sorinola, Houghton, Gladwin, Kasumu, Morris, Mason.

60-Minutes: Nicholls, Poole, Trialist, Houghton, Davies, Harvie, Freeman, Boateng, Jallow, Bird, Nombe.

Fulham first half team:Rodák, Odoi, Hector, Le Marchand, Bryan, Sessegnon, Johansen, De Cordova-Reid, Knockaert, Jasper, Kebano

Fulham second half team:Bettinelli, Christie, Mawson, Ream, Robinson, Onomah, Cairney, Carvalho, Francois, Kamara, Cavaleiro

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account