Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

Report: St Neots Town 0-6 MK Dons

30 July 2019

Match Reports

Report: St Neots Town 0-6 MK Dons

30 July 2019

MK Dons continued their pre-season exploits on Tuesday afternoon as they overcame St Neots Town 0-6.

With Saturday’s Sky Bet League One clash with Bury suspended, Paul Tisdale used Tuesday’s clash to give valuable match minutes to his first-team squad.

In a dominant display, the Dons scored three goals in either half at the Premier Plus Stadium.

Tisdale’s side had the chance to take the lead just two-minutes into the clash with Hiram Boateng pivotal in creating the chance for Mason. He beat a number of St Neots defenders before playing in Joe Mason – he was judged to have been offside.

Minutes later, the St Neots keeper was forced to make his first save of the evening. He saved well from Agard who was found inside the box from Poole’s clever cross.

Sorinola then found himself with space down the left, he picked out Ben Reeves who was unmarked, however, his header ended wide of the goal.

Boateng, who was proving a danger for the St Neots defence, then won the ball in the final third before beating the last line of defence. He was denied by James Philip.

With 14-minutes gone in the game, the Dons dominance soon paid off, with Baily Cargill scoring in his first start since March. The defender met Boateng’s corner before volleying home from three-yards out. 0-1.

It was almost two within a minute for the Dons as Boateng saw his free-kick cannon off the bar. Martin then saw his driven strike end wide of the post.

Philip was proving to be a thorn in the side of the Dons attack, with the St Neots keeper denying both Agard and Mason within quick succession.

The latter once again forced Philip into a strong save down to his right, as Mason’s effort from range was claimed by the keeper.

Boateng, though, soon deservedly doubled the Dons advantage with 35-minutes on the clock. The midfielder fired from on the half-volley from Kasumu’s cross, with his effort leaving Philip no chance. 0-2.

Three-minutes later, the Dons found their third of the afternoon, with Kieran Agard on hand to score his second goal in as many pre-season games. The striker was alert to Martin’s effort from range as he converted the rebound from a tight angle after Philip had saved the initial strike. 0-3.

Sorinola had the chance to finish the first-half with a goal, but couldn’t keep his header down.

With nine changes at the break, the Dons reasserted their dominance and could’ve taken the lead just 30-seconds into the half, Brittain, however, was unable to find the target from Lewington’s cross.

The Dons thought they had their fourth of the evening with 50-minutes on the clock, only for Asonganyi to be denied by the offside flag.

Just 60-seconds later, the Dons found their fourth through Brittain. It all came through Conor McGrandles who drove his side forward, before pulling back for Brittain – his controlled effort found the bottom corner. 0-4. 

It didn’t take the Dons long to add to the score, as Jordan Bowery nonchalantly converted from Jack Davies’ cross. 0-5. 

Asonganyi, who was looking dangerous alongside Bowery, forced Philp into another good save. His header wrong-footed the keeper, however, the St Neots man was able to turn behind.

Philip then saved from Bowery’s powerful strike, with the keeper tipping over before claiming the following corner.

Brittain was close to having his second of the evening, he was freed down the right by Asonganyi, but saw his effort end narrowly wide of the post.

Brittain then scored his second of the evening with minutes remaining he fired home from Harley’s pin-point cross. 0-6.

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account