MK Dons Football Club was established in 2004 and moved to its current home Stadium MK in 2007, which has been built to UEFA Elite specification.
The Club is owned by the Inter MK Group which as well as operating the stadium, controls a 304 bedroom Doubletree by Hilton hotel and a 5,000 spectator capacity indoor arena both within the stadium. These operations provide the Football Club with a high degree of financial sustainability. The Club is also associated with its charitable partner, the Milton Keynes Dons Sport and Education Trust.
The Club’s vision is to ultimately play in the Premier League and the purpose of all those who work at the Football Club, Hotel, Arena and the Trust is to inspire, empower and excite the people of Milton Keynes and to be an integral part of the community, accessible to all.
The Club has identified two sites in Milton Keynes to build a first-class training ground for both the first team and Academy and will shortly commence the planning application process. The Club is currently Category 3 but the new training ground facilities will be designed with the capability to attain Category 1 status in the long term and we will seek to achieve Category 2 immediately once the new facilities are opened. The Club is committed to continuing its renowned reputation of producing fine home grown talent through its academy and the recruitment of a first class Head of Academy Coaching is integral to the Club’s future development.
• To manage the development of all Academy coaches
• To ensure that the Academy’s coaching programme is delivered consistently throughout the development phases in line with the playing and coaching philosophy of the Academy
• To provide coaching support when required in the Pro, Youth and Foundation Development Phases
• To complete and keep up to date the relevant and required administration including the PMA
• To implement a club specific Coach Competency Framework (CCF)
• To deliver a comprehensive Coaching Development Plan for all coaches including a clear and up to-date Training Needs Analysis (TNA) of every coach’s current and required level of performance
• Ensure every coach has a personalised Development Action Plan (DAP) that fulfils their individual needs
• Ensure that all coaching staff hold and are up-to-date in regards to their qualifications and CPD relevant to their role in the Academy
• When required to oﬀer coaching support within the three Academy Development Phases
• To manage and maintain the CCF
• To undertake self-development to ensure that knowledge in regards to coaching and coach development is kept up-to-date including qualifications and CPD
• To build good relationships with all Academy and Club staff
• To attend all relevant Academy and club meetings including The Academy Technical Board and Academy Management Team meetings
• To attend relevant external meetings including EFL, LFE, Premier League and FA meetings
• To complete and be up-to-date with all administrative aspects of the role including the PMA
• Ensure that Academy coaches are working effectively as part of the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT)
Skills & Experience Required
• Must have experience of using Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Have a ﬂexible attitude to work
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Have a polite and courteous manner
• Be organised, have good time management skills
• The ability to meet stringent deadlines
• Be able to adapt to different and changing situations
• Have the drive and enthusiasm to set high standards and achieve company objectives
• Have a personable approach
• Knowledge and understanding to company policies/procedures and regulations relating to your role
• Ability to liaise with coaches, management and other football related individuals in a professional manner
• Be prepared to work evenings and weekends
Desirable Personal Attributes
• Have a full clean driving licence
• Previous experience of working within the football or related industry
• Coaching Education experience
• Youth Coaching experience
• UEFA A Coaching Licence
• FA Advanced Youth Award
• Coach Education Qualification
• Safeguarding Children Workshop
• Basic First Aid in Sport
• DBS clearance
How to Apply
To apply candidates should send the following:
• Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
• Up to date curriculum vitae
• Details of current remuneration
Applications should be sent to email@example.com.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact: Alistair Milner, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0)207 092 6966.
Current Head of Academy Coaching Edu Rubio will be taking up the role of Senior Professional Development Phase Coach and will manage the Club's young professionals' transition from Academy to the first team, as well as coach the Club's PDP.
Edu will start his new role as soon as the new Head of Academy Coaching is in situ.