The Dons’ 2015/16 fixture list will be revealed on Wednesday and mkdons.com has piled together some facts about key dates in the calendar.
- The Dons have played at home on the opening day eight times, only ever travelling away for their first fixture on three occasions.
- Three of the Dons’ last four opening-day fixtures have been played at stadiummk.
- The Dons began the 2014/15 season at home, with their last opening day away fixture coming the year before in 2013/14.
- The Dons have only ever faced a newly-promoted side on opening day once - Barnsley in 2004/05.
- Similarly, there has only been one occasion where the Dons have taken on a recently-relegated outfit in their first fixture of the season - Leicester City in 2008/09.
- The Dons are unbeaten in their first game of the season since 2008, having won three and drawn three of their opening-day fixtures.
- Never have the Dons won back-to-back opening day games.
- The Dons have won four of their last five opening home fixtures but haven’t been victorious in their first away game since 2011.
- On the opening day last season, the Dons ran out 4-2 victors – their highest-scoring first fixture.
- Only three times have the Dons failed to score on opening day - 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2013/14.
- Izale McLeod is the only Dons player to have scored more than once in an opening-day fixture, having scored braces in the first games of the 2005/06 and 2006/07 seasons.
- The Dons have only ever played at home twice on Boxing Day.
- For their first five seasons (2004/05-2008/09) the Dons had to travel away on Boxing Day.
- The Dons boast a terrific record on Boxing Day, having won seven times and lost on only three occasions.
- Six of those Boxing Day wins have come away from home - the Dons have only ever lost on the road on Boxing Day and that was way back in 2004.
- The Dons highest-scoring Boxing Day fixture was a 4-2 defeat to Walsall in 2012/13, while their highest-scoring victory came over Stockport County (4-1) in 2009/10 – both games took place at stadiummk.
- The Dons have played at home on the final day three out of the past four seasons, including the last two campaigns.
- The Dons have had to end the season away from home five times in their history, compared to their six final-day home fixtures.
- Between 2008/09 and 2014/15, the Dons alternated between wins and losses on the final day.
- The Dons have only ever twice ended the season with a draw.
- Only on two occasions have the Dons failed to score in their final game of the season.
- The Dons’ highest-scoring final fixture came this past season – the 5-1 victory over Yeovil Town which secured promotion to the Sky Bet Championshp.
The Dons' 2015/16 Sky Bet Championship fixture list will be revealed at 9am on Wednesday - stay tuned to mkdons.com for full reaction to the announcement!