MK Dons Academy starlets Giorgio Rasulo and Will Summerfield have both been nominated for the League Football Education’s (LFE) Goal of the Month competition for October.
The monthly competition showcases goals from the Under-18 Premier and Youth Alliance academy leagues.
MK Dons and England Youth International, Rasulo took the honours last month for his long range effort in a high scoring clash at Dagenham that finished 8 – 5 to the Dons.
Rasulo, who was handed his first-team debut one year ago by manager Karl Robinson, is back in the mix this time around, competing with ten of his peers from Football League clubs across the land: The contenders in full are as follows:
• Jake Charles, HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v Crewe Alexandra
• Giorgio Rasulo, Luton Town v MK DONS
• Jordache Walters, OLDHAM ATHLETIC v Hartlepool
• Ben Close, PORTSMOUTH v AFC Wimbledon
• Otis Khan, SHEFFIELD UNITED v Nottingham Forest
• Kane Farrell, SOUTHEND v Peterborough United
• Bradley Tarbuck, PORTSMOUTH v Gillingham
• Levi Rowley, WALSALL v Tranmere Rovers
• George Maris, BARNSLEY v Birmingham
• Omari Alexander-Salmon, BARNSLEY v Birmingham
• Will Summerfield, MK DONS v Leyton Orient
• Otis Khan, Derby County v SHEFFIELD UNITED
LFE chief executive Alan Sykes said: “This competition remains extremely popular and is an excellent platform to showcase talented young players that are being developed at Football League clubs.”