Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
14 October 2023 Venue Stadium MK Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Preview: Barrow

All you need to know ahead of today's Sky Bet League Two clash at Stadium MK...

14 October 2023

MK Dons take on Barrow this afternoon at Stadium MK, eager to return to winning ways in Sky Bet League Two.

Graham Alexander’s men are without a league victory in seven entering today’s clash in Milton Keynes – a run of form which has seen them drop to 16th in the Sky Bet League Two table, five points adrift of the top seven.

The Dons have had more possession and more shots than each of their opponents in their last five matches but will need to find ways to convert that dominance into points if they are to climb back to the upper echelons of the division.

Alexander will be hoping his side can do just that today, in their first-ever meeting with the Bluebirds from Cumbria.

Kick-off is at 3pm.

Barrow, currently 12th in the Sky Bet League Two table, will arrive at Stadium MK with confidence after holding league-leaders Notts County to a draw last time out.

Pete Wild’s team have, though, tasted victory just once in their last six league fixtures - a 3-2 triumph over Doncaster Rovers at the end of last month. Before then, their last win was a 1-0 success away at Harrogate Town at the start of September.


That victory at Harrogate was one of only two they have enjoyed away from home so far this season. They have also picked up two draws on their travels, while scoring six goals and conceding seven.

In total, the Bluebirds have netted 13 times across their 11 league games, conceding 12. Striker Emile Acquah is their top marksmen – he has scored four goals in his 11 appearances this campaign.

MK Dons were made to pay for two defensive lapses as they were beaten 2-1 by Gillingham at the MEMS Priestfield Stadium

Macauley Bonne put the Gills ahead when he pounced on a loose ball inside the Dons half and converted one-on-one. The home side won possession in MK Dons territory again on 55 minutes, with Tom Nichols teeing Scott Malone to make it 2-0.

Ellis Harrison headed home from Jonathan Leko’s cross to reduce the deficit but Graham Alexander’s men were unable to salvage a result – Max Dean went close to a superb late equaliser but his stoppage-time volley was saved by Jake Turner.

Barrow held table-toppers Notts County to a 1-1 draw in their last Sky Bet League Two outing.

David McGoldrick put the Magpies ahead just prior to the quarter-hour mark, converting from the penalty spot after Macaley Langstaff was brought down by Bluebirds defender James Chester.

Barrow had a number of chances to level and finally did so with 11 minutes left to play when Emile Acquah earned them a penalty of their own. The striker’s header struck a Notts County arm and that provided Dean Campbell the chance to equalise from 12-yards – an opportunity he took advantage of.

Graham Alexander: “There is no more pressure on this game than the last game or the next game. There is pressure in every game we play, you can't turn it on and off.

“I've met Pete (Wild) a few times before, though I don't think I've managed against him though. He did an excellent job at Halifax (Town), and now at Barrow. Every team we face will be motivated, with good players and that challenge will not change on Saturday.”

Pete Wild: "We have got to respect their top players and respect that they are a top side in this league but with that, we have to go and impose ourselves. We have proved over the last few weeks that we can live it with the top teams in this league, we can dominate the football, we can tactically set up to be hard to beat.

"We are going to have to be all those things on the road again on Saturday and if we are, we give ourselves a fantastic opportunity to get something out of the game. If we are not and we are half a yard off it, teams like MK Dons will punish you."

MK Dons will be without Daniel Harvie, with the full-back set to serve a one-match suspension for the red card he received last weekend at Gillingham.

Harvie’s absence leaves the Dons short on defenders, with Tommy Smith away on international duty and Dean Lewington sidelined through injury for another couple of weeks.

Matthew Dennis limped out of the defeat to Gillingham and it remains to be seen whether his issue will be enough to keep him out of today’s game. Ash Hunter and Nathan Harness remain sidelined, though Hunter is getting closer to returning to training.

DH Gillingham ODDS 07.10.23 hi res_ copy.jpg

Barrow have less concerns heading into this game, following the return of four players from injury during their midweek EFL Trophy tie at Morecambe.

Mazeed Ogungbo, Tom White, Courtney Duffus and Ben Whitfield were the quartet who made their comebacks, with Whitfield, in particular, impressing manager Pete Wild. Left-back Junior Tiensia is also available for selection after serving a suspension.

Will Finnie will take charge of today’s match at Stadium MK.

The fifth-year EFL official has overseen 12 games so far this season, producing a total of 39 yellow cards. He has brandished his red card on three occasions and also awarded one penalty.

Will Finnie2.jpg

Despite refereeing in the EFL since 2019, this will be only Finnie’s second Dons appointment – his last coming back in January 2022 when he oversaw the 1-1 draw with Accrington Stanley at the Wham Stadium. That day he sent off Accy midfielder Liam Coyle for serious foul play.

His assistant referees are Abbas Khan and Hugh Gilroy while the fourth official is Stuart Butler.

No previous meetings.

Notts County v Mansfield Town, 12.30pm
AFC Wimbledon v Bradford City
Crewe Alexandra v Tranmere Rovers
Doncaster Rovers v Sutton United
Forest Green Rovers v Colchester United
Grimsby Town v Accrington Stanley
Harrogate Town v Stockport County
Swindon Town v Newport County
Walsall v Gillingham
Wrexham v Salford City

Tickets are still on sale from the Box Office and online, priced from £26 adults, £20 over-65s and under-25s, £8 under-21s and £5 under-14s, while under-7s can watch from as little as £3.

To book tickets CLICK HERE, visit the Box Office at Stadium MK or call 01908 622933. Tickets will be available to buy right up until kick-off from the Box Office.

Can't make the game? Supporters can WATCH this fixture live on iFollow MK Dons for £10 - to purchase a Video Match Pass CLICK HERE!

Live text updates will also be provided on the Match Centre as well as Twitter, while a full report will be available to read shortly after the full-time whistle. Post-match reaction and highlights will follow after.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Report: MK Dons 2-2 Barrow

14 October 2023

MK Dons were denied victory at Stadium MK as two stoppage-time goals saw them draw 2-2 with Barrow.

A brace from Max Dean had the Dons in a commanding position entering the 90th minute but late strikes from Ben Whitfield and Emile Acquah saw the visitors snatch a point and deny Graham Alexander’s men a first victory in eight.

Head Coach Alexander made five changes to his starting XI with Tommy Smith among those re-introduced to the line-up after being recalled from international duty with New Zealand. The other four fresh faces to the team were Jack Tucker, Ellis Harrison, Ethan Robson and Max Dean, the latter making only his second career league start.

It was the visitors who registered the first shot on goal, four minutes in. It came after a corner was played short to Robbie Gotts, whose low drive was saved comfortably by Craig MacGillivray.

The Dons then tried their luck from range courtesy of a Jack Payne strike which Paul Farman just managed to keep out. Their next shot, however, would get past Farman as they took the lead with 12 minutes played.

Robson started things off with a drop of the shoulder to get past his man. He then found Cameron Norman, whose cross fell perfectly onto the chest of DEAN. The striker had his back to goal but still fancied his chances and he made the right choice, squeezing his shot on the turn past the outstretched arm of Farman, with the help of a slight deflection. 1-0.

Smith got his body in the way of Ged Garner’s fierce strike as the visiting side searched for an equaliser in the 17th minute. Sam Foley managed to get an attempt away shortly after but his effort was watched over the crossbar by MacGillivray.

The goalkeeper was able to get behind Dean Campbell’s effort from distance midway through the first half. The Dons then went straight up the opposite end of the pitch, with Payne working a shooting chance for Harrison, who fired off target.

Gotts went close for Barrow after a driving run through the middle of the park, though his eventual shot was sent high above the target. Moments later, there a free header for Garner but, fortunately for the Dons, MacGillivray was in the right place to save.

Just before the half-hour mark, Norman and Gilbey combined down the right, with the latter delivering a low cross towards Harrison. The striker was sliding in to meet the delivery but Farman did well to dive out of his goal and intercept.

The Dons were forced to defend a corner with 10 minutes to play in the first half, with MacGillivray eventually coming up with a big claim to deal with a return ball in. He then immediately set his side on their way to their second goal.

Norman was the man he released down– the full-back carried the ball deep into the Barrow half before playing a ball through to Gilbey, over had over-lapped him down the right flank.

Gilbey’s cross was met by Harrison, whose effort on goal was blocked by a sliding defender. The loose ball fell to DEAN and while his initial shot was saved, the young striker followed things up and, as Farman could only parry, he was able to run on and head home a second goal from close range. 2-0.

Dean went close to completing a remarkable first-half hat-trick but, after being found by Gilbey’s cut-back, he saw his shot on goal blocked by a defender. He had another attempt blocked moments later, before MJ Williams followed up with a half-volley which was headed away from the target.

In the first of four stoppage-time minutes at the end of the first 45, Robson delivered a ball into the area. Harrison was the target but he wasn’t able to bring the ball under control when well-placed inside the area.

That proved to be the final meaningful action of the first half. At the start of the second, Emile Acquah worked his way into the MK Dons penalty area but his effort deflected off Norman and up into the arms of MacGillivray.

MacGillivray came up trumps again on 48 minutes, getting down well to his right to prevent Elliot Newby’s header sneaking inside the near post. Shortly after, a free-kick by half-time substitute Ben Whitfield was blocked by MJ Williams. Smith also produced a block to prevent Acquah’s shot from getting through to MacGillivray.

It took until the 64th minute for the Dons to have their first shot of the second period – a 20-yard effort from Harrison, cutting in from the left, which was too close to Furman to trouble him.

MacGillivray was called into action again moments later, getting fingertips to Gotts’ strike from inside the area, tipping it over the crossbar. He was then behind Whitfield’s long-range strike, shortly after the Dons made their first change of the afternoon - Warren O’Hora on to replace Payne.

There was almost a chance for Harrison to extend the Dons’ lead to three on 68 minutes but the striker was just a yard away from connecting with Tomlinson’s low cross. A fantastic cross-field pass from Tomlinson to Norman then provided the full-back with a chance to deliver into the area but, after beating his man, the cross in for Dean was intercepted.

With just over quarter of an hour remaining, Acquah headed wide for Barrow. Alexander then went to his bench for a second time, handing Callum Tripp his league debut in place of Robson with 11 minutes left to play.

Tripp was the target of Dean’s cross a minute after his introduction, after the MK Dons striker had beaten the offside trap down the left flank. A vital interception from James Chester prevented the teenager from being able to get a shot away.

With seven minutes remaining, Tomlinson tried his luck at adding a third from distance but couldn’t keep his left-footed strike down. At the other end, Campbell saw a 20-yard attempt deflect wide of MacGillivray’s right post.

Acquah, from close range, wasn’t able to convert from the corner which followed. Shortly after the game moved into stoppage-time, of which were there six added minutes for the Dons to see through.

Gilbey went for goal in the second of the six, hoping to extend the lead to an insurmountable three goals. That advantage was cut to one moments later through WHITFIELD, who found the net from close range after a cross in from the right. 2-1.

The Dons broke forward with two minutes to play, looking to immediately restore their two-goal lead. Dean, though, on a hat-trick, wasn’t able to find the target with his shot.

Then, heatbreak, as ACQUAH levelled the scores in the final seconds, firing home from the edge of the area after the Dons failed to properly deal with a long ball forwards from the back. 2-2.

MK Dons: MacGillivray, Norman, Tucker, Williams, Gilbey, Harrison, Payne (O’Hora 68), Tomlinson, Smith, Robson (Tripp 79), Dean.

Subs: Kelly, Eisa, Ilunga, Devoy, Dennis.

Goals: Dean (12, 35)

Booked: Robson, Norman

Barrow: Farman, Campbell, Canavan, Garner (Tiensia 46 (Worrall 54)), Newby, Gotts (Telford 67), Foley (White 78), Chester, Stephenson (Whitfield 46), Acquah, Feely.

Subs: Lillis.

Goals: Whitfield (90+3), Acquah (90+5)

Booked: Farman, Gotts

Referee: W Finnie

Attendance: 5,725 (278 away)

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account