Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy tickets
17 August 2021 Venue Stadium mk Attendance

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League One

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Report: MK Dons 2-1 Charlton Athletic

Liam Manning gets his first win as MK Dons manager...

17 August 2021

Goals from Troy Parrott and Mo Eisa saw MK Dons come from behind to earn their first win of the season and their first under Head Coach Liam Manning.

Charlton went in front on the quarter-hour mark through Jayden Stockley but Parrott’s second goal in as many games saw them draw level at the break.

That set up an enthralling second half which the Dons dominated and they secured a deserved three points courtesy of Eisa’s right boot.

Liam Manning made just one change to his MK Dons side, with Aden Baldwin replacing Tennai Watson on the right flank.

Charlton arguable edged the opening 10 minutes but the Dons were resolute in defence - that was until the quarter hour mark when, from a controversial free-kick, the visitors took the lead through Jayden Stockley, who beat Andrew Fisher with a diving header. 0-1.

That sparked the Dons into life and less than four minutes later they were level. Matt O’Riley won a 50/50 in the middle of the park from which Scott Twine collected. He then slid a ball through to Parrott, who took one touch before sending a left-footed shot past Craig MacGillivray. 1-1.

Soon after the re-start, Eisa worked a chance which was blocked. Conor Washington then forced a save out of Fisher with a try from distance.

Eisa had another sniff midway through the first half but he failed to make connection with Daniel Harvie’s in-swinging cross. Parrott did get to the loose ball however he couldn’t keep his attempt down.

With 14 minutes left in the half, Baldwin threw himself in the way of a shot from Sean Clare. At the other end, Twin dragged a low drive wide of the post from 20 yards out.

Stockley had a great opportunity to put Charlton ahead on the stroke of half-time but was denied by a terrific one-on-one save by Fisher. That was the final chance of an eventful first period.

Manning’s side returned from the interval with Dean Lewington on in place of Harvie. His side had two early opportunities to take the lead but Eisa wasn’t able to make the most of two balls, in quick succession, played into his path from either flank.

Charlton also had a chance soon into the second half through Washington, who fired wide when well-placed inside the area. Their next effort came from Clare, whose looping header was comfortable for Fisher to collect.

Parrott, Jules and Eisa combined well just prior to the hour mark, with the latter sending a fierce effort just over the crossbar. From a later corner, Lewington went close at the far post but wasn’t able to direct his fist-time effort goalwards.

The Dons were awarded another corner on 64 minutes and from this one they took the lead. Parrott did superb to keep play alive after Eisa’s initial effort was blocked and his sublime touch allowed his strike partner the simplest of finishes to make it 2-1.

Manning’s men looked to control proceedings from there and did go close to doubling their advantage from a stunning Twine effort – a 25-yard volley which dipped just a little too late to trouble MacGillivray. Eisa was also played through moments later but he was denied by the offside flag.

Seven minutes of stoppage time were added at the end of the 90, the majority of which were spent in the Charlton half. There was one brief moment of panic but a brave piece of defending from Lewington halted the Addicks’ attack and earnt his side a free-kick.

Soon after that, the whistle blew and tte Liam Manning era was off and running.

MK Dons: Fisher, Jules, O’Hora, Darling, O’Riley, Twine (Boateng 90+2), Eisa, Baldwin (Watson 62), Robson, Parrott, Harvie (Lewington 46).

Subs: Ravizzoli, Brown, Martin, McEachran.

Goals: Parrott (18), Eisa (64)

Booked: Lewington, O’Hora

Charlton Athletic: MacGillivray, Gunter, Dobson (Watson 76), Famewo, Jaiyesimi, Stockley, Morgan, Washington (Kirk 56), Matthews, Inniss (Elerewe 46), Clare.

Subs: Harness, Pearce, Davison, Clayden.

Goal: Stockley (14)

Booked: Inniss, Morgan

Referee: C Breakspear

Attendance: 7,939 (1,565 away)

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account