Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
21 November 2020 Venue Stadium mk Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League One

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Report: MK Dons 1-3 Hull City

First defeat in five for MK Dons, who are

21 November 2020

MK Dons fell to their first defeat in five games as top-of-the-table Hull City ran out 3-1 winners at Stadium MK.

A chaotic opening 12 minutes saw Josh Magennis strike twice either side of a Stephen Walker goal, to give the visitors a 2-1 lead.

Hull then clinched all three points with less than a quarter of an hour to play through substitute James Scott, as Russell Martin’s men fell to their first league defeat in just under a month – and their first at Stadium MK since their opening home match of the season.

Manager Martin made just one change to his starting XI, with Jordan Houghton replacing the injured Louis Thompson. Andrew Surman, who arrived at Stadium MK this week to compensate for Thompson’s absence, was among the substitutes.

It was Hull who had the first shot of the game as Hakeeb Adelakun fired over the bar from 20 yards out.

Martin’s side worked themselves forward three minutes later, but David Kasumu’s through pass for Scott Fraser was intercepted by a sliding defender. From the resulting corner, Stephen Walker managed to get a strike away, but sent his effort just wide of the left post.

What followed was a mad four minutes during which Hull established a 2-1 lead.

First, in the seventh minutes, Magennis converted from a Josh Emmanuel cross to put the visitors ahead but MK Dons responded and equalised right away through Stephen Walker, who was in the right place to collect a deflected Ben Gladwin cross and fire home on the turn inside the six-yard box. 1-1.

Parity, however, lasted just 60 seconds as Hull restored their advantage through Magennis, who found the net for a second time with a rifled left-footed effort which found the roof of Andrew Fisher’s net. 1-2.

After a much quieter next five minutes, Jerome went close to another equaliser but saw his shot saved from Gladwin’s low cross. Fraser then lifted a shot over from a similar position to which Magennis netted Hull’s second.

An attacking move down the left saw Walker work himself free inside the Hull penalty area, but his drive was kept out by a strong arm from Matt Ingram. At the other end, Dean Lewington dispossessed Adelakun with a vital challenge inside his own box.

MK Dons had a penalty shout turned down on 26 minutes as referee Scott Oldham deemed that the foul on Fraser was not worthy of a spot kick. They went agonisingly close to a leveller seven minutes later, but Walker was denied by Ingram after latching onto a terrific pass from Sorinola.

With four minutes remaining in the half, Matthew Sorinola sent a left-footed drive off target from 20 yards. Adelakun did the same 60 seconds later.

Fraser went about changing the score early in the second half but he wasn’t able to get a shot away following a mazy run into the Hull box. The MK Dons number 10 then went close to connecting with Gladwin’s cross, but just couldn’t find the crucial touch need at the near post.

Martin went to his bench with 65 minutes played and brought on Surman for his MK Dons debut. The midfielder was involved early in a shooting opportunity for Fraser, whose attempt on goal was blocked.

Regan Poole and Carlton Morris came on for the final quarter of an hour in place of Kasumu and Gladwin. The latter was flagged offside almost instantly while trying to latch onto a long pass forward.

The Dons were pushing for a goal to level but their attempt at extending their unbeaten run was dealt a fatal blow with 14 minutes remaining, as substitute James Scott found the net from a corner – with help from the left upright. 1-3.

Keogh and then Fisher kept the deficit as it was, as Hull twice threatened a fourth goal. MK Dons later made two further changes, following the recent amendment to the EFL ruling allowing teams the opportunity to make five substitutes.

The Dons continued to push for a way back into the match but Fraser and Walker both saw their attempts blocked. Sorinola broke into the box in the final minute of regulation but was denied by Ingram.

Fraser saw another shot blocked in the first of four additional minutes – that was the closest MK Dons came to salvaging something from the game.

MK Dons: Fisher, Lewington (Cargill 83), Keogh, Gladwin (Poole 73), Kasumu (Morris 73), Fraser, Walker, O’Hora, Houghton (Surman 65), Sorinola, Jerome (Sorensen 83).

Subs: Nicholls, Freeman.

Goal: Walker (11)

Hull City: Ingram, Elder, Burke, Smallwood (Batty 82), Wilks (Samuelsen 87), Honeyman (Slater 82), Emmanuel, Jones, Adelakun (Scott 66), Grevaes, Magennis (Eaves 66).

Subs: Long, Coyle.

Goals: Magennis (8, 12), Scott (77)

Referee: S Oldham

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account