Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

13 February 2021 Venue KCOM Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League One

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Report: Hull City 0-1 MK Dons

Fraser strikes late to seal big away win for MK Dons...

13 February 2021

Scott Fraser’s 80th-minute penalty saw MK Dons beat second-placed Hull City at the KCOM Stadium.

In the closing stages of an entertaining clash in Humberside, Matt O’Riley’s shot struck a Hull City arm inside the box and that allowed Fraser to secure a memorable away win from the penalty spot.

Russell Martin’s men, who have taken 10 points from a possible 12, are now up to 13th place in Sky Bet League One and move to within six points of the play-off places.

The Dons were forced into one change from Tuesday's win at Rochdale, as Joe Mason replaced Cameron Jerome, who was absent with a non-Covid related illness. On the bench, Ben Gladwin returned from injury, while John Freeman replaced Lewis Johnson.

Martin’s men dominated the opening exchanges and registered the first shot on goal with just under four minutes played – Zak Jules tested Matt Ingram with a left-footed effort from a yard inside the box.

Jules had another opportunity two minutes later as he connected with a cross from Ethan Laird, but the Dons’ January signing headed just wide of the left upright.

Hull then threatened for the first time through Keane Lewis-Potter, who failed to beat Andrew Fisher when one-on-one. Malik Wilks also beat the offside trap for the hosts but flashed his ball across an empty penalty area.

The Dons came agonisingly close to breaking the deadlock on the quarter-hour mark when Will Grigg was denied in spectacular fashion by Ingram. The MK Dons number 9 did so well to connect with Fraser’s cross but his goal-bound effort was plucked off the line by the Hull goalkeeper.

Two minutes after that, Fisher was called into action for the first time to keep out a long-range drive. He was then nearly beaten by an audacious attempt from Wilks, who hit the side netting from the half-way line, after intercepting the goalkeeper’s kick up field.

Wilks had another opportunity to open the scoring with 23 minutes played but, despite being much closer to goal this time, lashed a shot over the crossbar.

At the other end, Laird set up Matt O’Riley, whose strike was deflected wide. From the resulting corner, Andrew Surman fired a side-half-volley past the post from the edge of the D.

O’Riley was involved again on the half-hour mark, turning brilliantly inside the box after receiving a Fraser pass - he then found Grigg, whose shot was blocked.

An entertaining first 45 minutes soon came to close, and the second then took some time to get going. It wasn't until six minutes in that the half saw it's first attempt on goal – a shot from Dan Crowley which was blocked by O’Riley.

The Dons responded, with Jules firing a teasing ball across the six-yard box – one which had to be put behind with Laird lurking. From a later free-kick, Darling sent a looping header goalwards but, ultimately, off target.

Fisher, who hadn’t been forced to do too much up until the hour mark, produced a stunning diving save to deny Greg Docherty on 60 minutes. He then did well to read a cross from Docherty, and gather with Magennis behind him.

Hull’s opportunities continued, with Lewis-Potter driving into the box before having a shot blocked wide by Darling. Martin then went to his bench for the first time, swapping Jules with Matthew Sorinola.

Lewis-Potter went close again for the home side but saw Darling, once more, in the way of his effort. Lewington then bravely blocked the follow-up.

The game was finely poised as it entered the closing stages, but with 10 minutes to play, it swung in favour of the Dons.

Sub Sorinola was involved, setting up O’Riley, whose shot was blocked by outstretched arm of Docherty inside the area.

The referee immediately pointed to the penalty spot and that provided the Fraser with a chance to break the deadlock – and he did, sending Ingram the wrong way from 12 yards to register his ninth goal of the campaign. 0-1.

Daniel Harvie and Gladwin came off the bench before the re-start to add fresh legs to Martin’s side, who almost found themselves back on level terms on 84 minutes but Jacob Greaves somehow failed to hit the target with his close-range header.

The home side went even closer in stoppage time through Josh Magennis, however he put wide with a diving header - that chance proving to be Hull’s final opportunity to spoil a memorable afternoon for Martin and his men.

MK Dons: Fisher, Lewington, Jules (Sorinola 67), Darling, Grigg, Fraser, Laird (Harvie 80), O’Hora, Surman, O’Riley, Mason (Gladwin 80).

Subs: Nicholls, Brown, Sorensen, Freeman.

Goal: Fraser (pen 80)

Hull City: Ingram, Coyle, Elder, Burke, Wilks, Honeyman, Lewis-Potter, Crowley (Chadwick 64), Greaves, Magennis, Docherty.

Subs: Long, Scott, Emmanuel, Flores, McLoughlin, Slater.

Booked: Coyle

Referee: D Bourne

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account