Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
29 September 2018 Venue Stadium mk Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Preview: Tranmere Rovers

All you need to know ahead of Saturday’s clash at Stadium MK…

28 September 2018

MK Dons return to Stadium MK for the first time in two weeks this weekend as they welcome Tranmere Rovers to MK1.

Paul Tisdale's side will be looking to return to winning ways after Yeovil Town held them to a 1-1 draw at Huish Park on Tuesday evening.

The Dons currently sit 11th in the Sky Bet League Two table having picked up fourteen points from their opening nine games. With three wins, five wins and one defeat to their name - they also boast the best defence in the division having only conceded seven goals.

Kick-Off is 3pm.

Tranmere earned promotion back into the Football League last season after overcoming Boredom Wood 2-1 in the Vanarama National League Play-Off Final under the stewardship of experienced EFL manager Micky Mellon.

Rovers have started their campaign in good fashion and currently occupy 14th in the Sky Bet League Two table after tallying 13 points from their nine games. Their Summer transfer business was smart having recruited a number of experienced Football League names as well as bringing in a handful of bright talents.

Dylan Mottley-Henry, Harvey Gilmour, Jonny Smith, Luke McCullough, Shamal George and Franklyn Akammadu were all signed on loan at Prenton Park with Zoumana Bakayogo, Mann Monthe, Cole Stockton, Ollie Banks and Mark Ellis signing permanent deals with the Club.

Tranmere were also able to retain the services of highly sought after striker James Norwood who scored 23 goals in 46 games during Rovers' successful National League campaign. The 27-year-old continued his fine goalscoring form this season - netting seven times in nine games already this year.

MK Dons were forced to share the spoils with their Yeovil Town counterparts on Tuesday night as Ouefela Olomola's 88th-minute goal earned The Glovers a point.

Tisdale's side had led courtesy of Kieran Agard's strike in first-half stoppage time but they weren't able to add to their lead despite several second-half chances.

Yeovil made them pay late on when Olomola fired past Nicholls to level the scoring.

Tranmere Rovers, meanwhile, fell to a 1-0 defeat against Newport County last Saturday with Fraser Franks' early goal proving to be the winner.

MK Dons Manager, Paul Tisdale: "I think it's clear that our last two performances were good but goals are what makes the difference. We've got enough talent and now we just need to turn those performances into results. We are waiting for it to click and come together. While it's early days we want to collect the points and we're not happy that we've missed out on them."

Tranmere Rovers Manager, Micky Mellon: "MK Dons are a good side, they are one of the bigger hitters in the division, we know it's going to be tough, it's a fantastic place to go. It's a Stadium to go and perform in, but we'll go down there, concentrate on us and what we can do to nullify MK Dons' threat - I'm looking forward to it - it's a good stage to go and play on."

Paul Tisdale noted MK Dons have no fresh injury concerns following Tuesday's clash with Yeovil Town and also added that Ryan Harley, Mathieu Baurdy and Conor McGrandles have all progressed well in their rehabilitation process.

Saturday's game, however, will be too early for Lawson D'Ath who is recovering from the ankle injury he suffered against Exeter City earlier in the season.

Tranmere Rovers trio Ritchie Sutton, Evan Gumbs and Liam Ridehalgh are all sidelined for Saturday's clash due to injury.

Lee Collins will run the rule over Saturday's clash as he takes charge of his third of the season.

The Surrey-based official has so far issued 4 yellow cards this season while he has dished out 0 reds.

His assistant referees this weekend are Lisa Rashid and Stephen Brown, while the Fourth Official is Paul Howard.

Total games: 16

MK Dons Wins: 10
MK Dons Wins at Stadium MK: 6
Last MK Dons Win: 3-0, 16th Mar 2013, (Stadium MK)
Biggest MK Dons Win: 3-0, 16 Mar 2013, (Stadium MK)

Draws: 1
Draws at Stadium MK: 0
Last Draw: 1-1, 21st Feb 2009 (Prenton Park)

Tranmere Rovers Wins: 5
Tranmere Rovers Wins at Stadium MK: 2
Last Tranmere Rovers Win: 1-0, 1st Feb 2014 (Stadium MK)
Biggest Tranmere Rovers Win: 4-2, 30th Oct 2010 (Prenton Park)

Dons win: 20/21
Draw: 2312/510
Yeovil win: 19/10

First goalscorer
Chuks Aneke 9/2
Kieran Agard: 9/2
Rhys Healey: 5/1
Robbie Simpson: 5/1

Rhys Healey to score first and MK Dons to win 1-0: 28/1

Tickets, which can now only be bought at Huish Park, are priced at £24 adults, £20 seniors, £12 16-23 year-olds and £3 under-16s tickets.To book tickets/travel click HERE, visit the Box Office or call 0333 200 5343. Tickets will remain on sale from MK Dons until 12 noon.

Supporters can watch the match LIVE on iFollow MK Dons for just £10 – click HERE to buy a £10 Match Pass!

iFollow MK Dons subscribers will have access to live commentary of this game.

Supporters can also stay in touch with the action via’s Match Centre, which can be accessed by visiting the home page from 6pm.

There will also be full coverage on the Club’s social media channels – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat!

A full match report will be available to view on straight after the final whistle along with full reaction from Paul Tisdale and a player. Highlights will be available to view from midnight.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Report: MK Dons 1-1 Tranmere Rovers

Chuks Aneke on target for MK Dons, who are held to another home draw...

29 September 2018

MK Dons and Tranmere Rovers shared the spoils at Stadium MK after Chuks Aneke’s fourth goal of the season cancelled out Jonny Smith’s opener.

Paul Tisdale’s men made a dominant start but fell behind to Smith’s finish in the 37th minute which came after Lee Nicholls brilliantly denied James Norwood.

Aneke, though, equalised on the stroke of half-time from a Dean Lewington cross and that proved to the be the final goal of the game, resulting in a second successive 2-1 draw for MK Dons at Stadium MK.

They now sit 13th in the Sky Bet League Two table, one point adrift of the top seven.

Boss Tisdale made two changes to the side which drew 1-1 with Yeovil Town earlier in the week, bringing Chuks Aneke and Ousseynou Cisse back into his starting XI in place of Kieran Agard and Jordan Houghton.

His team started well and registered two shots in the opening five minutes - both courtesy of Rhys Healey. First, the loanee forced Scott Davies into a save with low left-footed shot after MK Dons worked the ball into the Tranmere penalty area. Then, Healey dragged an effort wide after latching onto Aneke’s through ball.

In the sixth minute, MK Dons earned their first corner of the game and from that set-piece, Aneke produced another save out of Davies.

An even better opportunity to open the scoring arrived in the eighth minute when Healey collected a ball unopposed inside the Rovers box. His effort was parried by Davies but Aneke, on the follow-up, could only send his header onto the crossbar.

The Dons’ dominant start continued and Baily Cargill found himself on the edge of the Tranmere box in the 10th minute - however, he couldn’t muster enough power on his shot to trouble Davies.

Tisdale’s side maintained their control of the game but they didn’t threaten the opposition goal again Davies was forced into a save from an in-swinging Cisse cross. Another delivery from the right soon after led to a chance for Aneke but he was denied by what the referee adjudged to be a push.

Aneke then went agonisingly close with an ambitious effort from all of 40-yards - a shot which Davies watch land on the roof of his net.

Tranmere didn’t really trouble Nicholls until midway through the half when a speculative shot from Ollie Banks flew harmlessly wide of the goalkeeper’s left upright.

That chance was followed up by an improvised attempt from Connor Jennings, who tried to beat Nicholls with the outside of his boot from 20-yards out but only managed to clear the crossbar.

MK Dons were back in the driving seat shortly afterwards and Healey flicked a header wide from Ryan Watson’s free-kick in the 34th minute.

Aneke and Healey then linked up on the edge of the area, with the latter then seeing a curling strike blocked.

Tisdale’s side were looking the more likely to break the deadlock but it was, in fact, their visitors who did so in the 37th minute courtesy of Smith, who reacted quickest after Nicholls had denied Norwood to fire into an empty net. 0-1.

MK Dons had several opportunities to grab themselves an equaliser before the whistle and it wasn’t until the final seconds of the half that they drew level.

Their visitors dealt well with three balls into the box but they weren’t able to clear a deep delivery from Lewington - the ball fell kindly to Aneke, who swept home his fourth goal of the campaign. 1-1.

Tisdale kept the same XI on the pitch for the second half and they almost rewarded him with an equaliser within 60 seconds of the re-start but Davies was able to gather Watson’s deflected cross.

Healey then headed wide from another Watson cross before Cargill met a free-kick from Watson and forced a save out of Davies.

MK Dons went close with a third header in the 55th minute - this time it was Gilbey who got his forehead to a cross from Williams but he couldn’t direct the effort on target.

Davies was called into action again three minutes before the hour mark as he pulled off a terrific save to keep out Healey’s strike, which looked destined for the top right-hand corner of the net.

Nicholls matched him with a fine stop of his own moments later, keeping out Adam Buxton’s ferocious effort from the right corner of the penalty area.

In the 67th minute, Aneke produced a bit of individual brilliance but, after fashioning space for a shot, he wasn’t able to find the target from an acute angle.

Tisdale then made his first two substitutions, bringing Houghton and Robbie Simpson into the contest with 15 minutes to play.

Simpson was unlucky not to see a parried effort from Aneke fall to his feet moments after his introduction. Aneke did well to get behind the Rovers defence and bring the save out of Davies, who was able to parry it to safety.

At the other end, Houghton was called into action to prevent Norwood connecting with a cutback deep inside the MK Dons penalty area.

Agard was then introduced with 83 minutes on the clock in an attempt to grab a winner. His side, though, were let off with two minutes left to play when Rovers forward Jennings somehow missed the target from close-range.

That was the only notable chance in the closing stages, leaving nothing to be separated between the two sides at the final whistle.

Starting XI: Nicholls; Williams, Moore-Taylor, Cargill; Brittain (Houghton 75), Gilbey, Cisse (Simpson 75), Lewington (c); Watson; Aneke (Agard 83), Healey.

Unused subs: Moore, Hancox, Walsh, Thomas-Asante.

Goal: Aneke (45+2)

Attendance: 7,048 (751 away)

Referee: L Colloins

Advertisement block

Ticket News

Press conference: Paul Tisdale's Tranmere Rovers reaction

Manager Paul Tisdale reflects on his side's 1-1 draw with Tranmere Rovers at Stadium MK...

29 September 2018

Apologies, this video is unvailable.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account