Milton Keynes Dons Sport and Education Trust (MK Dons SET) is a Charitable Company Limited by Guarantee (number 1123762) and an award winning organisation.
The team that brought the Football Club to Milton Keynes always intended to develop a robust, innovative and sustainable community legacy. Establishing this organisation represents a significant step forward in ensuring that a true legacy is developed.
The SET organise the delivery of work in five main streams: Health, Education, Social Inclusion, Participation and Football Development. These themes are supported by Business Development and Finance and Administration departments that play a key role in enabling the SET to deliver their work.
This gives the SET a breadth of operation that allows them to be an influential partner in many aspects of the local community and make a significant contribution regionally and nationally.
Each year over 50,000 adults and children benefit from activities such as holiday courses, match day clubs, study support, tackling obesity programmes, team coaching, mini soccer and multi sports programmes. These are delivered in partnership with a range of agencies and organisations including Milton Keynes Council, NHS: MK, Schools and Junior Football Clubs.
The organisation has grown from one full time employee with 15 part time staff in 2004 to 27 full-time, 31 part-time staff and over 50 volunteers by last year. The SET try to be a learning organisation by actively seeking out best practice amongst Football Clubs and other local, regional and national agencies and organisations, in order that their programmes set benchmarks for quality and service.
MK Dons SET aims to:
- to advance and assist in advancing education
- to provide or assist in the provision of facilities for recreation and other leisure time occupation in the interests of social welfare and with the object of improving the conditions of life for those for whom the facilities are provided
- to promote or assist in promoting community participation in healthy recreation
- to relieve sickness and disability and to preserve and protect health
- and to promote any other purpose which is charitable according to English law
For more information on the SET visit: www.mkdonsset.com
Latest Community News
Willo auctioning match-worn shirt for The Daniel Wilkinson Foundation23 May 2019
Supporters have until 5.40pm today to bid to win a George Williams match-worn away shirt from the 2018/19 season, with all the proceeds going to The Daniel Wilkinson Foundation.
CEO sleepout challenges MK business leaders21 May 2019
CEO Sleepout is challenging bosses from companies across Milton Keynes to take part in the first event to be held in the City.
MK Dons to help tackle increasing numbers of railway risk takers8 May 2019
The EFL Trust has today launched a new partnership with Network Rail and the British Transport Police (BTP) to help tackle the increasing number of people risking their lives on the railway.
Friends of the Trust
There are many ways in which you can support MK Dons Sport and Education Trust - you can become a Friend of the Trust.
Engage your company with the MK Dons Sport and Education Trust by becoming a Friend of the Trust and improve awareness of your company’s CSR in the local community.
The Friends of the Trust scheme will raise vital funds for the Sport and Education Trust which shall enable the Trust to continue its task in delivering its key community and educational streams across the local region.
- Visit by MK Dons first team player to the business during the year
- Company listing on both Trust & MK Dons website with hyperlink to company
- Company listing in MK Dons Official Matchday Programme (23 editions) on dedicated ‘Friends of the Trust’ page
- Electronic Certificate showing support of ‘Friends of the Trust’ – this can be printed and framed for the office
- Ten ground tickets for a MK Dons first team league game of your choice to donate to a charity / school / voluntary organisation of your choice
- One Executive Box for 10 people for a MK Dons first team League game of your choice (food can be purchased as an extra)
- Designation rights to be called ‘Friend of the Trust’ & Rights to use ’Friends of the Trust’ logo
To find out more about Friends of the Trust scheme please contact the Commercial Team on 01908 622962 or email email@example.com.